- Dr. Chung Discusses What Genetics Can Do for Medicine
Dr. Chung argues we are in a dynamic period of medical history, to be able to diagnose individual patients and understand the cause of their condition
- On the Way to a Rare Disease Cure Parents Tackle the High Price Tag of Research
Parents of a child with KIF1A-related disorder take charge to initiate the first steps to a finding a cure for their daughter and others like her
- This Lobbyist is Fighting for the Biggest Cause of his Career: His Daughter
Dr. Chung meets with families with children diagnosed with PPP2R5D seeking to find treatment
- Gene Editing in Embryos Raises Ethical, Medical Dilemmas
Dr. Chung provides insights, potentials and limitations on CRISPR technology used by researchers in Oregon to prevent disease, disabilities or enhancing characteristics in embryos
- Springfield Mom Works to Raise Awareness after Son Diagnosed with Rare Genetic Disorder
Dr. Chung describes KIF1A-related disorders, the importance of a diagnosis and a hopeful future
- Local Girl May Hold Key to Unlocking Certain Disorders and Diseases
Dr. Chung finds variation in PPP2R5D that will lead to foundational research for a hopeful cure in the future
- Inside NYP: Dr. Wendy Chung
Dr. Chung’s groundbreaking DISCOVER program is contributing to the diagnosis and treatment of rare diseases
- UP family continues search for treatment of daughter’s rare genetic disorder
Dr. Chung invites families with KIF1A Disorder to increase awareness and someday a cure
- Genetic Testing Reveals Rare Brain Disorder
Dr. Chung finds a diagnosis for a child with a rare disorder; Spastic Paraplegia
- Meet the Doctor Who’s Discovered 28 New Diseases
Dr. Chung, the medical detective
- Solving Medical Mysteries
Dr. Chung provides insight on the future of patients with undiagnosed conditions
- One Family’s struggle with Microcephaly now linked to Zika
A story on a family taken care of by Dr. Wendy Chung and the impact of autosomal recessive genes
- The Doctors Who Solve Medical Mysteries
Dr. Chung uses genetics to diagnose rare and complex diseases
- Unraveling the Mystery of Autism, One Person at a Time
Dr. Chung speaks about the Autism spectrum and SPARK.
- SPARK for Autism
Dr. Chung furthers research for families and individuals with Autism.
- Faculty Q&A with Wendy Chung: Exploring Genetic Approaches to Medicine
Dr. Chung talks about genetic approaches in medicine in light of precision medicine.
- Autism TED Talk
Dr. Chung talks about what we do and don’t know about autism.
- Dr. Chung on CHD
Dr. Chung discusses congenital heart disease.
- Is GATTACA soon to become reality?
In this TEDMED CUMC talk, Dr. Chung discusses whether newborn screening for genetic disorders should be expanded to include whole genome sequencing
- Studying genetic mutations and rare diseases
Rare Disease Report sat down with Dr. Wendy Chung, Clinical and Medical Geneticist at Columbia University to talk about her lab’s work in genetic testing and the strides that have been made recently in examination of the etiology of various disease—especially rare diseases—thanks to the advances made in exome sequencing
- Could genetics hold the answer to curing autism?
NPR coverage on Dr. Chung’s TED Talk on autism
- Dr. Wendy Chung is invited to the White House
Press release about Dr. Wendy Chung being invited to the White House to participate in President Obama’s announcement of the new precision medicine initiative.
- DNA Test for Rare Disorders Becomes More Routine
Dr. Chung talks about the surging popularity of genomic sequencing.